Face-to-face Japanese classes
(high school students and above)
We will introduce the classes that you can attend in the classroom.
Classes are separated into 8 sections according to their level which is based on the “Minna no Nihongo Elementary Japanese I & II” that will be used for studying.
There are daily life goals and letter goals that intended to be accomplished for each level.
1 level will be completed in 3 months (about 10 classes). Please apply every 3 months.
* In order to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus in the Face-to-Face Classroom, we limit the number of students and maintain an attendance register. The participants are asked to refrain from eating and drinking in the room. Also, they are asked to check their body temperature, wear a mask, and disinfect their hands. We kindly ask for your cooperation in this matter.
About class levels
Level 1. Lessons 1 to 4You will be able to say greetings, introducing yourself, state your address, and contact information. You will be able to state your plans and location. You will be able to read and write Hiragana and Katakana.
Level 2. Lessons 5 to 11You will be able to ride trains, invite your friends to hang out, say your likes and dislikes and state the things which you are and are not capable of. You will be able to state where you want to go and ask people where what you want is located.
* You will be learning Kanji little by little from this level.
Level 3. Lessons 12 to 19You will be able to talk about the impressions of your travels. You will be able to state what you want. You will be able to order at a restaurant. You will be able to listen, read, and understand what you are not supposed to do.
Level 4. Lessons 20 to 25You will be able to discuss your hobbies and plans. You will be able to say your thoughts, opinions, and reasons. You will be able to offer help.
Level 5. Lessons 26 to 29You will be able to say native-sounding phrases in conversations. You will be able to talk naturally with your friends.
Level 6. Lessons 30 to 36You will be able to give and ask for advice.
Level 7. Lessons 37 to 44You will be able to use polite language when doing something for other people or asking other people to do something for you. You will be able to relay a message.
Level 8. Lessons 45 to 50You can tell if it is a formal conversation or a casual one with a friend and will be able to use words best suited to the occasion.
Lesson Place and Time
The level of the classes held varies depending on the day of the week. See the table for application.
|1. Monday||9:45 am to 11:45 am||FIRA Salon|
|2. Monday||3:00 pm to 5:00 pm||FIRA Salon|
|3. Tuesday||9:45 am to 11:45 am||Chuo Public Hall|
|4. Tuesday||6:45 pm to 8:45 pm||Futawa Public Hall|
|5. Wednesday||9:45 am to 11:45 am||Tobu Public Hall|
|6. Thursday||7:00 pm to 9:00 pm||FIRA Salon|
|7. Friday||6:45 pm to 8:45 pm||Yakuendai Public Hall|
|8. Friday||6:45 pm to 8:45 pm||Katsushika Public Hall|
|9. Saturday||12:45 pm to 2:45 pm||Miyamoto Public Hall|
|Class duration||Application period|
|May to July||March 10th to April 9th|
|September to November||July 10th to August 9th|
|January to March||November 10th to December 9th|
Cost + . People who are already members only need to pay 
1. Funabashi International Relations Association Membership Fee2000 yen (Once a year, valid from April to March of the following year.)
* Student membership fee: 1000 yen. For those who are attending high school, vocational school, junior college, university, graduate school
Please read the terms and conditions of the association.
Terms and conditions PDF
2. Entry fee for 1 class2000 yen (3 months)
Once paid, the membership fee and participation fee will not be refunded if canceled for personal reasons.
If a class cannot be held due to unforeseen circumstances, such as a disaster, or the circumstances of the Association, the class will be rescheduled.
TextbooksPlease purchase the following before you start
Levels 1 to 4“Minna no Nihongo Elementary JapaneseI Textbook) 2nd Edition”, 3A Corporation, ¥ 2500
Levels 5 to 8“Minna no Nihongo Elementary Japanese II 2nd Edition”, 3A Corporation, ¥ 2500
For self-studyLevels 1 to 4
“Minna no Nihongo Elementary Japanese I, 2nd Edition, Translation & Grammar Notes”, 3A Corporation, ¥ 2000
Levels 5 to 8
“Minna no Nihongo Elementary Japanese II, 2nd Edition, Translation & Grammar Notes”, 3A Corporation, ¥ 2000
Bookstores where you can buy the textbooksMaruzen Tsudanuma store
Asahiya Shoten Funabashi
Flow from application to attendance
Select the course you want to apply for from the course table
Fill out and send the application form
A notification for the receipt of the application form will be sent by email.
You will be sent a payment number along with instructions by email.
Pay at a convenience store (Lawson or Family Mart) (within 10 days from the application)
Your payment confirmation, attendance notification, and Zoom ID will be sent by email.
Download Zoom and join.
Confirm the application form
Check the mark of the class you want to study
* Please be careful not to mistake the level and time as you will apply with the mark.
* Please set the settings of your computer or smartphone so that you can receive emails from email@example.com. If you have junk e-mail settings or rejection settings, you will not receive important confirmation e-mails. If you do not receive the automatic reply or payment instruction email and you do not pay, your application will be invalid.